Throughout the Fall a number of regional admissions officers from across the country visit Pine View School. These are intended primarily for seniors. A weekly, updated calendar is posted in the guidance office and in your senior English classrooms. Weekly announcements identifying visiting colleges and when they will be presenting appear under this tab.
This is an outstanding opportunity for you to learn more about a campus in which you are interested, and in many cases meet the representative that will read your application. These visits range in size from small, intimate conversations to assembly-sized presentations (UF and FSU). We ask that you adhere to a set of basic guidelines prior to and while attending a visit:
- If the college visit is during your academic day you must receive permission in advance from your instructor.
- Your interest in the institution should be genuine and intentional. Please RSVP so that we can anticipate level of interest and reserve an appropriate space. If you have not "reserved" you may be turned away.
- Be engaged, well-informed and prepared to ask substantive questions. This may require you to do some additional research about specific programs or aspects of the university.
- Be respectful and positive. It is important that you and our community be perceived well.
- Thank the representative and, if you remain interested, follow up with an email or thank you note. Positive, demonstrated interest.
If a college that is scheduled to visit is in either your "Colleges I'm Thinking About" or "Colleges I'm Applying To" list on Naviance, you will be sent an invitation via email. If you wish to attend please RSVP through Naviance or sign up in the Guidance Office.